Certificate Diploma in Culinary Arts Institute in India
Culinary art in India is a multidisciplinary art focusing on cooking which involves the preparation cooking & presentation of food usually in the form of meals. Culinary art professionals are generally known as chefs. Students of India can pursue specialized course in specific cuisines or opt for general Certificate Diploma or Degree course in Culinary Arts which will give knowledge about the all the veggies spices ingredients & finally teaching various national & international cuisines.
Job Profile in Culinary Arts
Depending on the work place students of India may have different duties and responsibilities. In a restaurant a Indian chef would be responsible for planning the stock, menus, preparation of meals and then finally presenting them to the guests. At the starting level, a graduate in culinary art in India can start from being a Commis then Chef de Partie then Sous Chef and finally Executive Chef.
Skills and Personal traits Indian student should have to become Chef
- Passion for cooking and love for food
- Knowledge of variety of cuisines
- Ability to work long hours
- Creativity and the ability to work in a team environment
- Good physical strength and stamina
Eligibility to pursue a course in Culinary Arts in India
Prospective student must have cleared their 12th standard from a recognized board in India. Percentage do not matter much to pursue a Degree or Diploma course in Culinary in India.
Most Prominent Institutes offering courses in Culinary Arts in India:
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Pusa, New Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Goa
- Oberoi School of Hotel Management
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Aurangabad
- Welcome Group School of Hotel Management, Manipal
- UEI Global, Agra, Chandigarh, Delhi, Jaipur, Pune, Lucknow, Trivandrum