The article will help you select defence as a career or will give more claity on selecting career in Defence in India.
National Defence Academy and Naval Academy
UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, New Delhi, hold a competitive exam for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force Wings of the NDA and Naval Academy, two times a year, for the training sessions commencing in January and July. Admission to any of the course is made on the basis of the results of written examination conducted by UPSC followed by Intelligence and Personality test by a Selection Panel.
Conditions of Eligibility:
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: The candidate must be 12th/ 10+2 pass, the pattern of school education of the school approved by the State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 (Cadet Entry Scheme) at Naval Academy:
The candidate must be 12th/ 10+2 pass with physics and mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or University.
Candidates appearing at the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions. Age 16 and half – 19 years as on 1st January or of the year of application.
Jobs in Indian Army
- Technical Entry Scheme (TES) for Male 10+2 (PCM) Candidates
- Recruitment of Soldier Tradesman
- Recruitment of Junior Commissioned officer (Catering)
- Recruitment of Soldiers
- Recruitment as Sailors
- Recruitment as Sailors for Artificer
- Cadet Entry Scheme (Technical)
- Artificer Apprentice in the Indian Navy
India Coast Guard
- Recruitment of Yantriks
- Recruitment of Assistant Commandant General Duty (Pilot/ Commercial Pilot License)
- Recruitment of Apprentices (Civilian)
Indian Air Force
- National Defence Academy (NDA)
- GROUP ‘X’ Trades (Except Education Instructor)
- GROUP ‘Y’ Trades (Except Med Asst and Musician)
- GROUP ‘Y’ : Med Asst Trade
- GROUP ‘Y’ : Musician Trade