As the time rolls on, the leather and shoe industry has moved from being an occupation of local cobblers to stores selling branded footwear. Leather items are increasing in number. Not only traditional items like shoes, wallets, handbags and belts being manufactured, but new items like jackets, trousers, skirts and even furnishing items, made of leather are of great demand in the market. The shoe industry came into prominence with the clothing industry. It was felt that the right clothes were not all, but there was a need for right accessories too, to complete the look of a well turned out person. In fact, a good pair of shoes reflects the personality of the wearer.
Courses in Footwear Designing
Diploma in Footwear Designing, Supervisory Course in Footwear Technology, B.tech/ M.tech in Leather Technology is eligible for jobs in this industry.
Top colleges for Footwear Designing in India
- AVI School of Fashion and Shoe Technology, Chandigarh
- Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Muzzaffarpur
- Dayalbagh Educational Institute Polytechnic, Agra
- Footwear Design and Development Institute, Noida
- Central Footwear Training Institute, Agra
- Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai